Saturday, June 18, 2011

Humming Along

I received a message from the Dane County Beekeepers that the nectar run is on in our area.  I dont know exactly what that means, but I suspect it means honey is pouring into the hive right now.  I went last night and removed the divider board so the bees have the entire hive.  I also took out the feeder, since there should be plenty for them to eat in the prairie.  I should do a hive inspection one of these days to take a closer look at the honeycomb, but it looks fine from the window.  Here's a current view through the window:



2 comments:

Mom said...

Dad talked to one of our crafter friends yesterday who has 7 hives of bees. He is always very casual about his bees it sounds like and gets plenty of honey. He also has 5 acres of apple trees that he crdits with his success so being by the prairie may be important. Wild flower honey must be the best!!! I think I spotted Hyacinth on the left of your close up....Go Hyacinth and friends!

jtbear said...

All the rain we have been getting has certainly helped all plants grow and flower profusely! Plenty of good for hungry bees! Busy, busy, busy bees.