Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm Screwed

Last week, I contacted the craftsman who makes the garden hive that I'm constructing for my bees to see if he could send me some more connector screws.  He replied and mailed me the screws I needed to complete the construction. They arrived on Wednesday!  I've never been so excited about receiving screws in the mail!
After putting them in the pre-drilled holes, I could complete construction of the hive!  It took about 10 minutes when I had all the equipment.  The only issue is I broke the observation window when I was tightening the screws.  The pressure of the wood holding together spider-webbed the glass.  Right now I'm holding it together with duct tape (the magical fix-it), but I think I'll replace the window before spring.  Anyway, I think the hive came together pretty well and it looks great!  Here's a couple of pictures of the (almost) completed project!



2 comments:

Mom said...

I like it as a garden accent too!! Can't wait to hear how to get the bees to go in it!

Unknown said...

Cool hive!