Sunday, January 30, 2011

Music To My Ears

Erin had a great idea this week to help the kids with playing the piano!  She took scotch tape and put it over the piano keys.  Then she took a sharpie marker and printed the note on each of the keys.  After that, she marked a couple of pieces of music with the notes to play a song.  I came home on Friday to the sound of Ginny playing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".  Awesome!

The kids are getting much more interested in music.  Gramma and Grandpa gave Emma a guitar and she has been writing songs and playing them for us.  I got to accompany one of her songs playing my roll patterns on the banjo (about the only thing I can do).  It was a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to more banjo lessons from my dad!

Here's a couple pictures of Erin's great idea:

2 comments:

WinterBlog said...

Glad to see you blogging!!! We did the same thing to our piano and Cael can play all of Silent night - so cool!!!

Gramma said...

WE will have 'Art Craft and the Cupcake Band' yet! And they dance too!!!!