Monday, March 21, 2011

T-Minus 1 Month

So I'm about 1 month away from my bees arriving.  Things are coming together.  My dad glued back together my "bee feeder", which is nothing more than a wooden slat with a circle cut out of it the size of a mason jar lid.  Its good to go now.  I still need to paint the hive.  I've got some white primer paint and then Emma wants to paint a bee on the roof.  I think I'll let her!  After that, its just waiting.  Oh, and I need to get bee veils for those of you who want to get closer to the hive.  Let me know if you want one!

3 comments:

Gramma said...

I can just borrow yours if and when the timecomes, thank you very much.
I like the idea of a little garden art!

Anonymous said...

Definitely want to check out the bees! Can't wait to see and hear how things get buzzing in your hive! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Dad said...

Not me. I'll be a casual observer from a distance. Non stinging distant. I think you will have to mow that area of the lawn. I am really looking forward to the artwork. Emma's rainbow at school was really great.